Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Accent Chair Makeover


I've always wanted to reupholster a chair, after seeing the price tags on accent chairs in stores. Opportunity arose when I found two ugly brown chairs on Craigslist for $5 a piece I couldn't pass them up. Now it was time to find some fabric that I loved, but I had no idea how expensive upholstery fabric was. I searched high and low throughout the Internet at many fabric sites. It was either, I couldn't find the right fabric I was looking for or it was just too expensive per yard and I was going to need about 3 yards per chair. So, my chairs sat in my garage for about 3 years until I decided to venture out from upholstery fabric and started looking at drapery curtains. Low and behold Target (My Favorite store) had some curtains on sale in the exact print I was looking for along with the color. Now that the easy part was over, now it was time to actually start taking apart the chair and begin to reupholster. Why is it that everything seems so much easier said than it really actually is? WOW, just in taking all of the nail heads and staples from the chairs was RIDICULOUS!!  Despite the hard work, I am so.... pleased with the end result. And the best part of it all, I not only learned a little more about upholstery, but each chair came with a low price of less than $30 per chair.

Teal Accent Chair




1 comment:

  1. Very pretty..what a great job, especially for your first attempt!!

    ReplyDelete