Tuesday, November 12, 2013

OWL Art


I bought this owl and ever since have this fascination with OWLS. I then came across a clip art on Pinterest and knew that I had to do something with it. I went to look for a large canvas, but didn't realize how expensive the largest canvas was. So, I settled with a six pack of smaller canvases and decided I would just set them side by side and make a large canvas. I'm happy that I went this route, I love the look of the canvases side by side.




Steps it took to create canvas painting: 

1.) I enlarged my clip art to size of canvas, I just used publisher. 
2.) I taped the over sized clip art of owl together, so it would be one large printout. 
3.) I laid onto canvas for placement and taped onto canvas
4.) Then, took carbon paper placed under my enlarged printout and traced away
5.) Paint inside the lines :) I just used acrylic paints 
6.) Figure what you want your background to be... Solid color or make it abstract. 
7.) Finish with an acrylic top coat

Total cost for the Owl Painting is about $24. 

No comments:

Post a Comment