Wednesday, March 5, 2014

DIY Style-Chalk Finish Paint

I have these two old stools that my boys use as their dinner chairs, to get something from the counter, to watch Mom make dinner or to help make an espresso drink. ;) These stools were calling for a DIY project. I have been wanting to try this Chalk Finish Paint, the stools were perfect!

I've seen Annie Sloan Chalk paint but it is pricey....so when I saw a way to get a similar look while reading Lowe's Creative Ideas, I was super excited! I really enjoyed this project, it was easy and loved the finished product.

BEFORE



Materials Used:

-Valspar Paint
-Plaster of Paris
-Spray Polyethylene


Tools Needed:

-Paint Brush
-Plastic Bucket


Step 1: 




I mixed 1/3 cup Plaster of Paris with 1/3 cup of water until it is dissolved. Then mix in 1 cup of paint. This was enough to paint both stools.

Step 2:

Clean the surface you will be painting and make sure that it is dry. After your surface is dry then you are ready to paint. (NOTE: you do not have to sand the surface). I did two coats on the non painted stool. The brown stool did require more coats, to ensure the brown paint was completely covered.


Step 3:

I waited 24 hours before spaying the stool with a spray polyurthane. I did two coats. I let dry another 24 hours. I just wanted to be safe!

AFTER



No comments:

Post a Comment