Monday, March 10, 2014

Everything Needs an Inspiration


The first thing in my dining room was my dining table, chairs, and the painting you see as my inspiration photo. My mom gave this to me as a gift when I first moved into my new home. I just started pulling colors from this photo and worked around it. 

My light fixture used to be a generic light fixture that would be found in most newly built homes. I wanted something that stood out, but like with everything else I needed it not to cost a whole lot. One day walking around the store Hobby Lobby, I came a crossed two planter baskets on clearance. I think I paid less than $10 for both. I came home with the idea of putting them together to make the sphere lighting fixture I have been wanting. I just used the existing hardware that I had and removed anything that I didn't need. Then, spray painted the fixtures because they were a brushed nickel. I also put LED lighting, they don't get hot, save on energy and are supposed to last longer than regular light-bulbs.

Dollar Store plates I hung up using disc plate hangers, bought at Hobby Lobby. Rugs were purchased at Lowe's, on sale for less $30 a piece. I used 2 rugs and just set them side by side to make it appear as one.

No comments:

Post a Comment